Spittyfish Design offers quality ebook and print book covers, sold individually or in package form, specializing in fantasy fiction. Please see the samples listed below (coming soon).
Each cover is sold only once. Changes included with a premade purchase are title and name change. There is a small fee for other changes or additional images. I do not supply a PSD file, nor do I design websites or logos. Headers can be created using images from your book cover design (please contact me for pricing on those).
How to navigate the site – each premade book cover is located under a broad genre, and then under a more specific genre. ie: paranormal has a Zombies section, a shifters section, and so on.
If you have any specific questions or are having trouble finding a genre or type of cover, feel free to email me through the contact form or the email provided here (spittyfish (at)gmail.com
Availability – To inquire about a premade or custom design, please include your project details and contact information using the contact form below. If you would like to be added to my mailing list to be notified when new premade book covers arrive on the site, please indicate that on the form and I’ll add you to the list.
Pricing and book cover packages
All premades are categorized by genre and price. All ebooks can be made in to print covers, audio, and 3D at an additional cost. I ask that half the fee paid upfront, and the remaining half paid before I deliver the final copies of the cover.
CUSTOM DESIGNS I OFFER-CONTACT ME TO DISCUSS A PRICE QUOTE FOR YOUR PROJECT-All covers will have the price next to them.
Single image or simple design Ebook~ $60-$80.00
Single image Ebook and Print~ $120+
Single image Ebook, Print, and Teaser package
Single image Ebook animated (depends on detail of animations)
Single image Ebook, Print, and timeline header package
Single image Ebook, Print, teaser, and timeline package
Multi image Ebook only – price depends on number or cost of images used
Multi image Ebook and Print-price depends on number or cost of images used
Multi image Ebook, Print, and Teaser package-price depends on number or cost of images used
Multi image Ebook animated (depends on detail of animations)
Audio cover from psd~ $30
E-reader and paperback display advert ~ approximately $20.00, unless new images need to be purchased
Print cover from an ebook provided by author ~$50 (depending on maintenance involved)
Sale covers – $25-$50
What sizes do I get with my book cover purchase?
- You get 200×300, 300×450, Ebook (1800×2700) and two high res files, Smashwords, and Amazon
I need to make changes to my cover, can you just tweak it?
- alterations to a project that has been finalized are subject to a small maintenance fee of $25
Can I use the same book cover for more than one book, even in a series?
- No, sorry. Images licenses do not permit multiple uses such as that.
Can I resell my book cover if I’m not going to use it?
Can I have a copy of my cover without text?
- No, this would go against image license restrictions.
Do you create logos?
- No, sorry.
What is your turn around time?
- It depends on the work involved on the project and the others projects I’m currently working in. I like to give an estimate at the beginning of each project, but most will take up to three weeks. I do up a mockup design before purchasing any images, and try to get the main idea, based on your details and description of your book, to you as soon as I can.
Can I provide my own images?
- Yes, if it is a purchased image licensed as a royalty free image, a photo you took yourself, a CC0 image and you can provide a link to where you obtained the image. I do not discount for images provided and I may refuse to use the image if it is not of a high enough image quality.
Can I order an ebook cover now and upgrade to a print cover later?
Can I hold a premade book cover?
- Yes, but full payment is required first.
What print presses do you create print covers for?
- KDP, Lightningsource/Ingram Spark, and Lulu
Can I have the psd file?
- No. I cannot provide a layered file due to font and image license restrictions.
I love your designs but I can’t afford to buy one. Can you lower the price for me?
- Sorry, that would be unfair to everyone, including me.
Are there restrictions in regards to my purchased book cover?
- Yes. Most book covers have a print run limit of 250,000 to 500,000 copies (depending in the image license) and that includes everything you print with it, bookmarks, print covers, postcards, retractable banners, etc… If you ned to print more than that, you will need to purchase an extended image license.
Is the cover I am purchasing for Print?
Not unless you specify that as to what you need. We offer High Resolution covers and can create a print cover for you using specific measurements through sites such as Createspace and Vistaprint. Print covers start at $80.00.
Who owns the copyright?
Because it is an artist’s work, the copyright remains with the cover artist. That said, you are allowed to use the cover to promote your book.
What changes am I allowed with each cover?
For the most part, the artist and author will go back and forth many times in an effort to get the cover looking how the author wants it. That said, there are limitations to the cover artist’s ability and availablity. Once the cover is finalized, we charge $25.00/each new modifaction. It is best to use a cover art form, and to fill it out in as much detail as possible.
Does Spittyfish Designs upload my print files to the print press?
Nope. Never done it. Wouldn’t know the ins and outs of it.
Can I request other sizes?
Yes, these are the ones I can provide.
100×150 = Avatar
200×300 , 300 x 450, & 432×648 = amazon/goodreads/blog posts
750×1125 = Barnes and Noble
1800×2700 & up = Mostly publisher use for ebook and print.
2400 high res – Smashwords
2500 high res- amazon